Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall stuff

I haven't quite got the hang of posting regularly. I know Dave and I doing this as much for a record of all those precious moments a parent gets to enjoy but seem to loose memory of over time as much as for friends or family to "see" Keira from a distance.

My cute thing is how much I have been enjoying just daily interactions with K. Of course, she is 2 and all the challenges that come with that. She is learning to do so much for herself like dress, turn on light switches, open doors all that kind of stuff and she can really fly off the handle if her little agenda is challenged by a mama in a rush. But in between helping her learn self control and negotiation skills and how to rest when she isn't sleepy I am getting a huge kick out of sharing her life. We were at Starbucks the other day waiting for some friends. Keira had to bring her purse in with her so I asked her what she was toting around inside it. She pulled out keys, a cell phone, a small pad and pencil, plastic fruit, a mirror and a "monkey George" toy. "That's all" she said. "Just stuff girls need" I observed to her that the things she packed in her bad looked a lot like what mom carries around in my purse. "Yep" she says casually. By now I am giggling. I did have to ask about the plastic fruit. "For snack mama". Makes sense. I always have a snack in my purse for myself and/or her. "What about monkey George?" I asked. "In case Peanut (what we are calling the baby in the belly for now) gets bored when she comes out and needs a toy to play with" Again, made sense, I often have a toy or 2 in my purse to entertain Miss Grace when life finds us in a place where I need her to sit still. Love this kid. By the end of our conversation I was not only entertained but fascinated at Keira's observations and imitations of me. Honored really.

I know parenting isn't for everyone, but I am so blessed and wouldn't miss it for the world.

No comments: